Sunday 29 July 2012

Other July Activities

Well, most of July was very wet so most of my climbing was done on my home wall. Due to the rain, I did manage a fantastic solo run down the Upper Dart in my kayak with perfect levels and lovely sunny conditions. During the last full week of July the weather finally improved, and I was finally able to get outside again for some Deep Water Soloing over Torquay in the sunshine. I scored several great sessions over the Meadfoot area where I got some mileage in on the long traverses, before beasting myself doing laps on the Aqua Marina wall. Berry Head re-opens on 1st August following the annual bird ban, and I'm hoping we get some dry days through August and September so I can get some training in on the quality routes there, prior to our proposed DWS trip to Mallorca in late September. Fingers crossed! On the last weekend in July Elisabeth and I went to Anstey's Cove, Torquay for a spot of Coasteering, and had a fun-filled afternoon scrambling and swimming along the coastline, as well as plenty of adrenaline-filled jumps off the cliffs into the sea along the way. 



Having conquered most of the top-quality DWS routes at Berry Head last summer, I am hoping to get to Lulworth Cove in Dorset and bag a few of the three-star classic routes over there too, before we jet off to sunny Mallorca - the mecca for DWS in Europe, with tons of steep pocketed limestone over warm beautiful waters in the sunshine. Can't wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment