Thursday 31 May 2012

May Update

After a hectic and intense month of sea kayaking, and having finally got my Five Star Sea award in the bag, the rest of May has been spent chilling out and doing what I fancy. This mainly consisted of climbing a lot, plus a rather nice surf session shredding and carving it up in my Marauder surf kayak with good friend Jonathan Cowell. As the weather was mostly hot and sunny for the latter part of May, I was able to get out and do some bouldering, plus a fair amount of Deep Water Soloing. I climbed a couple new DWS routes at Berry Head - Soul to Soul, and Deep House, as well as scoring a few superb sessions over Torquay - climbing the Plimsole Line and Watchtower traverses, plus beasting myself doing laps on the Aqua Marina wall. On the very last day of May I spent a few hours climbing on London Arch, Torquay, trying a 7a+, and taking my first splashdowns of the season. It was good to fall in the sea again, despite the water still being a tad cold and getting hit by a hold snapping off! Oops! 

As for June, well I'll carry on with my theme, and see where the fancy takes me. Hopefully it'll involve more DWS, and more splashdowns. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment